Long-distance hiking trail was inaugurated 21.05.1922 in honor and in the presence of PhDr. J. S. Guth-Jarkovsky. Originally the route led from Kostelec nad Orlicí to Letohrad (Kyšperk) and since it fell into oblivion, it was reopened in 2005 with a 20km extension to Ústí nad Orlicí. It was named after the co-founder of the idea of modern Olympic games, the long-time chairman of the Club of Czech Tourists, Traveler and Writer - esteemed citizen of Kostelec nad Orlicí PhDr. Jiri Stanislav Guth-Jarkovsky.
The red-marked hiking trail connects two regions of Eastern Bohemia - Pardubický and Královéhradecký - in a length of 58 kilometers. The starting point is Kostelec nad Orlicí, passes through the Lipová stráň forest park, continues through a wooden lookout tower in Vrbice, below Velešov, in places of history in Potštejn, along the banks of Divoká Orlice towards Litice and Žampach, partly through the Tichá Orlice valley through Letohrad, Dolní Dobrouč, around Horákov's chapel, Strážný Hill, around the airport Ústí nad Orlicí directly to the tourist center Cakle and town centre
A very popular event at the beginning of tourist season, which is going through a part of Dr. Guth-Jarkovsky's trail is march Přes tři hrady (Around Three Castles) on foot and by bike.
Possible parking point under Velesov: